Hey everyone! I want to share my love for country music with you all. I probably won't use rhyme or reason when posting. That's no fun, right? Right! So, I'll give interesting facts about artists, share my favorite songs, and other fun stuff!

Monday, March 14, 2011

My Favorite Country Song

My all time favorite country song ever, "Love Like Crazy" by Lee Brice. I love this song. It's just amazing. I love the lyrics, they're so sweet! When I started driving on my own I quit listening to 88.1, the Christian music station, which is not my favorite. Too many commercials for sponsors, too many drives trying to get you to donate money, and too many talk show hosts who certainly don't act like Christians. So, I started listening to the country music station, The Wolf. I heard this song a couple times and really really liked it. And now every time it comes on I get very happy and turn it up and sing along rather loudly. haha. I just LOVE this song. Love it love it love it!
Take a few minutes to read the lyrics, they're just lovely. And then listen to the song. It's really good, and quite catchy. And Lee Brice has a really good voice! I mean, a lot of people out there have good voices, but this guy, he seriously has a good country singin' voice. Gotta love that!

They called him crazy when they started out
Said seventeen's too young to know what loves about
They've been together fifty-eight years now
That’s crazy

He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
He bought a little two bedroom house on Maple Street
Where she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Yeah that’s crazy

Just ask him how he did it; he'll say pull up a seat
It'll only take a minute, to tell you everything
Be your best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when he quit his job
Said them home computers, boy they'll never take off
He sold his one man shop to Microsoft
They paid like crazy

Just ask him how he made it
He'll tell you faith and sweat
And the heart of a faithful woman,
Who never let him forget

Be your best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get too old to call her baby
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when they started out
They've been together fifty-eight years now

Ain't that crazy?

Why do I love this song? Well, there are a few reasons. I love the chorus most of all. It talks about prayer, loving your wife (Well, he uses the word woman, but I shall replace that with wife here, haha), treat her like a lady, call her baby, overuse I love you. I don't think you can overuse the words I love you! I mean, what girl doesn't want to feel cherished? And this chorus just tells the story that he cherishes his wife. And it just tells a good story. One thing about country music, is that the songs always tell a story. And this is just a particularly good story! It starts when they're 17, and goes through their 58th year. It tells about how they conquered hardships when everyone was telling them they couldn't. I just love this song... :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0f5g18EbG4 - click this link and go listen to the song! You'll love it! And if you don't, well, you just have problems.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about the way-FM loveliness.. they can be so very un-christian for such a "christian" radio station.. :(

    and this song is adorable! i'm not a huge country fan, but i do love this song. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't listen to too much country but i saw you posted this song so i had to comment haha :) i like this song!

    ReplyDelete