Hey everyone! I want to share my love for country music with you all. I probably won't use rhyme or reason when posting. That's no fun, right? Right! So, I'll give interesting facts about artists, share my favorite songs, and other fun stuff!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Scotty


Who's been watching American Idol this season? I have! And I'm loving it! It's so much nicer without Simon, Paula, and Cara. The judges seem to really care about the contestants, give fairly good advice and constructive criticism, and it's just all around a better season this year! Plus, who doesn't think Steven Tyler's hilarious? He makes me laugh out loud over and over when I watch the show. Sure, it's probably the after-effect of the 80's and too many drugs, but still, he cracks me up.
ANYWAY. There's a contestant this year who is an AMAZING country singer. Scotty McCreery. Here's the thing about Scotty. He was born to sing country music. I guarentee you he'll get a contract even if he gets eliminated this week. He's just that good. He's a little bit old school with his country singing style, which is what I like! Not the pop mixed with country that you hear half the time. And he's adorable. He's just so cute. He's got such a little boy face and a deep deep voice and yeah. I just think he's the cutest.
Go listen to a couple of his songs. Here's some links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjiNxc95pXc - this is his audition video. And believe me when I tell you he sounds EXACTLY like Josh Turner who originally recorded "Your Man"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjSdpmozPO4 - this was for the Elton John theme, and I really enjoyed it. :) Haha, the shout-out to grandma makes me laugh.
Also, here's the thing about Scotty. He's only 17! I mean, he looks 17, but he soooo does not sing like he's 17. It's amazing. He's in high school, was on the baseball team, and now he's in the top 9 on American Idol?? Seriously, how often does that happen? It's pretty awesome.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, LOVE this guy.. :) :)
    i don't even like country music and I love listening to him sing! haha

    ReplyDelete